Bloomington – The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for seven awards that recognize and honor individuals, businesses and organizations that have distinguished themselves through outstanding volunteerism, accomplishments and contributions in the community. The awards will be presented at The Chamber’s Annual Meeting on Thursday, September 29, 2022.
Anyone in the community may submit nominations. The forms are available by visiting www.ChamberBloomington.org or by contacting The Chamber at 812-336-6381 or info@ChamberBloomington.org. The deadline for submissions is Monday, August 8th at 5:00 p.m.
- The nominee must be a member of The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce or employed by a member organization/business.
- A person/organization may be nominated in more than one category. However, each nomination must be submitted separately.
- Please provide as much detail as possible for the nomination. The independent selection committee solely uses the nomination form for selecting the honorees.
The 2022 awards slate includes:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Recognizes individuals who have had an immeasurable impact on our community over a sustained period.
- New Business of the Year
- Recognizes a business or organization that has existed for less than five years.
- Community Anchor Award
- Recognizes a business or organization that has contributed positively to the local community over a sustained period.
- Morgan Hutton Visionary Award
- Recognizes government leaders for special contributions or achievements that improve Bloomington’s business climate through a vision of true resourcefulness, innovation, and accomplishment.
- Lloyd Olcott Community Service Award
- Recognizes individuals, businesses or organizations that provide outstanding community service and foster a spirit of volunteerism.
- Nancy Howard Diversity Award
- Recognizes organizations that demonstrate a commitment to attracting a diverse workforce and maintaining an environment in which all can be successful.
- Diane Breeden-Lee Catalyst Award
- Recognizes individuals who demonstrate an ability to create consensus and motivate others to accomplish a greater goal.