(INDIANAPOLIS) – Congratulations to the following individuals and organizations nominated for Indiana’s top community economic development awards.
Winners are announced during the awards luncheon at the annual Prosperity Indiana Summit on February 18, 2020.
Michael Carroll Community Economic Development Leadership Award
The award is sponsored by Fifth Third Bank. Exceptional advocacy in the community economic development industry.
John Niederman Rural Development Leadership Award
The award is sponsored by First Financial Bank. Outstanding leadership in the field of rural community economic development.
Robert O. Zdenek Staff Member of the Year Award
The award is sponsored by Brightpoint. Outstanding commitment of a staff person working for a housing or community economic development organization.
- Willie Dearing, South Bend Mutual Homes Cooperative
- Wallace McLaughlin, Fathers and Families Center
- Natalie Powell, Hoosier Uplands
- Evan Tester, King Park Development Corporation/Renew Indianapolis
- Albert Brownlee, Genesis Outreach, Inc.
- Joe Bowling, Englewood Community Development Corporation
- Mark Wuellner, Indiana Bond Bank
Key Award for Supportive Services Program of the Year
The award is sponsored by Merchants Bank of Indiana. Innovation in a service-oriented community development initiative.
- Indianapolis Community Building Initiative, Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center
- Stability Builders Network, Family Promise of Hendricks County
- Strong Fathers Program, Fathers and Families Center
- Crooked Creek Food Pantry at Eskenazi Health Center Pecar, Eskenazi Health
- Trusted Mentors
- Food Prescription for Better Health, Wabash County Purdue Extension