(FAYETTEVILLE) – Indiana State Police Bloomington District A.C.E.S. arrested 36-year-old Amber M. Eads, and 35-year-old Jacob Bunch, both of Fayetteville, on drug-related offenses at their residence on Indian Creek Road.
Both Eads and Bunch were wanted on felony warrants stemming from an investigation that began on January 8th when Sgt. Greg Day, along with Trp. Chris Griggs and Trp. Chance Humphrey conducted a traffic stop near 25th and M Street in Bedford. They were found to be in possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia during that stop.
On Wednesday, Sgt. Day, Trp. Griggs, Trp. Caleb Garvin, Trp. Matt Hatchett, and Trp. Humphrey went to the Indian Creek Road address to serve the arrest warrants. They were met by several occupants, who first told troopers that Eads and Bunch were in the house, but later said both must have left. Troopers entered the residence and located Eads, who was hiding in the basement. Troopers soon found Bunch hiding in a child’s bedroom closet.
While looking for the suspects, troopers observed illegal drugs in plain view. Upon executing the search warrant, troopers located methamphetamine, heroin, marijuana, controlled substance pills, and drug paraphernalia.
There were three juveniles (17, 15 and a 4-year-old) present with Eads in the residence. The Department of Child Services responded to the scene and followed protocol, placing the children with family members who did not live at the residence.
Both Eads and Bunch were arrested for the following offenses:
- Warrant for Possession of Narcotic Drug, Level 6 Felony
- Warrant for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, C Misdemeanor
- Warrant for Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Narcotic Drug, Level 6 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Level 6 Felony
- Neglect of a Dependent, Level 6 Felony (two counts) – Eads only
- Possession of Controlled Substance, A Misdemeanor (two counts)
- Possession of Marijuana, B Misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, C Misdemeanor
Additionally, one of the occupants at the residence, 33-year-old Alan J. Shelton of Bedford was also arrested for possession of methamphetamine (Level 6 Felony) and visiting a common nuisance (B Misdemeanor).
All arrested were incarcerated at the Lawrence County Jail.
Anyone with illegal drug-related information is encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police Bloomington District at 812-332-4411. Your tip can remain anonymous and could save a life.