MONROE CO. – Due to the predicted high heat and Heat Advisory, cooling centers will be opening in Monroe County.
The centers will be open today through August 25th from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily.
- Bloomington Fire Station 1 at 226 South College Avenue in Bloomington
- Bloomington Fire Station 2 at 209 Fairfield Drive in Bloomington
- Ellettsville Fire Department at 5080 West State Road 46 in Ellettsville
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Clear Creek at 9094 South Strain Ridge Road in Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Indian Creek at 8019 South Rockport Road in Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Bloomington at 5081 North Old State Road 37 in Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District – Van Buren at 2130 South Kirby Road in Bloomington
Cooling centers are facilities where individuals who do not have air conditioning can come to cool down and then continued on their way. Food, showers, and areas for sleeping are NOT available.
Officials ask that you respect the rules of each facility and other individuals using the stations
You can also contact your local trustee office for other essential needs.