INDIANA – The National Weather Service has completed its work in Dubois, Orange, Washington, and Scott counties.
They determined six tornadoes landed, as well as sporadic straight-line winds, during severe storms that moved through southern Indiana during the early morning hours of Monday, August 7.
NWS concluded the following:
- An EF-1 tornado traveled from Haysville in Dubois County to Paoli in Orange County
- An EF-1 tornado hit French Lick
- An EF-1 tornado hit 1/2 mile north of Paoli
- An EF-0 tornado hit 1 1/2 miles south of Paoli near Pioneer Mother’s Memorial Forest
- An EF-1 tornado traveled from Paoli to 7.7 miles east of Paoli
- An EF-1 tornado hit on the west side of Salem
- Straight-line wind damaged Little York and Scottsburg.
- Microburst wind damage was detected 3 miles north of Salem.
No injuries were reported in the storms.