INDIANA – Consistent implementation of the USDA organic regulations is essential in building fair and competitive markets.
The Origin of Livestock (OOL) course helps certifiers, inspectors, and organic producers implement recent updates to the USDA organic regulations that address the transition of nonorganic animals into organic production. This course focuses on dairy cows; however, these livestock requirements apply to all dairy animals.
This course teaches organic certifiers, inspectors, and producers about the updated OOL requirements in the USDA organic regulations, published in April 2022. This course also teaches knowledge and skills that will help implement the OOL requirements in the USDA organic regulations.
Self-Enrolling in Learning Center Courses
How to Register for a Course
Once logged into the USDA AMS National Organic Program, Organic Integrity Learning Center, signing up for a course is like buying a product at an online store, but all training is free.
To register for an NOP course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center, follow these steps:
- Click on Register for Course in the menu.
- Available courses in the program will appear.
- Click the green Register button for each desired course.
- The green button will change to a blue button that says “Added to Cart.”
- You will see a shopping cart with the number of courses selected.
- Click the link that says Proceed to Checkout. Note: The tuition is $0 – All training in the Learning Center is free!
- A list of the courses you’ve selected will appear. To confirm enrollment, select the green Confirm button.
- Go to your Dashboard to launch the course.
- Click on the course title from the list of Active Courses.
- Once you have completed a course, it will appear under the list of Completed Courses.
- To access all completed course content, register for the National Organic Program Training Archive course to review (read-only) material from all OILC courses.
Click here to view the course list.