BLOOMINGTON – Both the City of Bloomington and Monroe County have upcoming sessions on annexation and the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce is stressing the importance of these sessions.
Four meetings are scheduled to review a consultant’s report that Monroe County commissioned regarding the proposed City of Bloomington annexation.
In addition, the report will be presented at their public forums:
- July 28 at 6 p.m. at the Old State Road 37 Fire Station (5081 N Old State Road 37)
- Aug. 1 at 2 p.m. at the Fairgrounds (5700 W Airport Rd)
- Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. at the Kennedy Drive Fire Station (3953 S. Kennedy Dr.)
The City of Bloomington has scheduled four blocks of online “office hours” for residents to discuss the proposed annexation. Staff will be available at these times via this Zoom link:
- Thursday, July 22: noon-2 p.m.
- Thursday, July 29: 2-4 p.m.
- Thursday, August 12: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, August 19: 3-5 p.m.
On Wednesday, Aug. 4, the City of Bloomington Council will hold a public hearing at 3 p.m. on its annexation process. The hearing will be held at Bloomington City Hall, 401 N. Morton, but will also be accessible live via this Zoom link.
Bloomington Council is expected to take a vote on annexation at their Sept. 15 meeting. Find out more about the plan on the city’s annexation website, which includes a property search tool to see if your property is affected.