Bedford home damaged by fire early this morning

BEDFORD – A Bedford home located at 3414 Washington Avenue was damaged by fire early this morning.

According to Bedford Fire Chief John Hughes, the call came through the administrative line at the fire department.

“We like to stress that residents call 911 whenever they smell smoke or have a fire,” said Hughes.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the eaves of the home. The fire is believed to be caused by an electrical issue.

The occupants were not able to stay in the home after electricity to the home was shut off by Duke Energy.

No one was injured in the fire.

Firefighters from all three stations responded with a rescue truck and three engines with ten firefighters on the scene.

Firefighters remained on the scene for approximately two hours.