The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB), a 15-member volunteer advisory board appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, generally meets twice each year in a public forum to discuss and vote on recommendations to the USDA. NOSB recommendations are an important tool to assist the Department in developing standards for organically produced products. The open meetings allow for public input on topics of interest to the organic community, and resulting standards support farmer and consumer confidence in the integrity of the USDA organic seal.
Based on input from the Board and members of the organic community, the NOSB Spring 2021 Meeting will be held live online.
Public Comment Days
- Tuesday, April 20, Noon – 5:00 pm Eastern
- Thursday, April 22, Noon – 5:00 pm Eastern
Public Meeting Days
- Wednesday, April 28, Noon – 5:00 pm Eastern
- Thursday, April 29, Noon – 5:00 pm Eastern
- Friday, April 30, Noon – 5:00 pm Eastern
The meeting Zoom links, agenda, proposals, discussion documents and Federal Register notice are available on the NOSB Spring 2021 Meeting webpage.
- All speakers making public comments have signed up and been notified by email of the commenting order. Speakers will be called on when it is their turn.
- Members of the public will be able to hear the live comments, Board deliberations, and see any slides presented. Only Board members may ask questions.
All public comments and Board deliberations will be recorded. Presentations and a transcript of all five days will be posted to the NOP website afterward. Check the Spring 2021 Meeting page link above for more details and updates.
The National Organic Program (NOP) provides a program update at each NOSB meeting. The Spring 2021 meeting will be virtual, so to provide maximum viewing flexibility, we have recorded the NOP Update presentation so you can watch it at any time.
It is now available in the Organic Integrity Learning Center and can be accessed within Course “NOP-998 – NOP Presentations.”
- Have an Account? Access the Learning Center at https://usda.geniussis.com/PublicWelcome.aspx?AffiliateID=46B0C0.
- Need a Free Account? Read “Getting Started” and sign up at: www.ams.usda.gov/services/organic-certification/training.
For questions about the Learning Center, contact USDA-NOP@apvit.com.