SPRINGVILLE – A lawnmower sparked a three-acre fire in the 200 block of Summerlake Drive in the Stonecrest Golf Community Tuesday evening.
Firefighters from Marshall Township, Monroe Fire Protection District, and U.S. Forest Service was dispatched to the fire at 4:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Shawswick, Perry, and Pleasant Run Township Volunteer Fire Departments were also dispatched to bring additional ATVs to fight the fire and were disregarded on the way.
Winds during the fire were approximately 17 miles per hour with higher wind gusts which made fighting the fire difficult.
Firefighters remained on the scene for more than an hour to make sure hot spots were extinguished.