BEDFORD – The bid for the renovation of the Red Brick was approved Tuesday afternoon by the Bedford Parks board.
The only bid submitted was from Pritchett Brothers Construction for $383,000. It was approved and the company will renovate the Red Brick which was damaged by a fire in January 2020.
Thornton Park playground will be opened on Wednesday. The park was closed while crews installed new playground equipment.
In other business:
- The board approved the hiring of seasonal employees April 16 – October 14, 2021
- An Easter Egg Event will be held on April 3, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. at Murray Forest Park. (CDC guidelines apply)
- The Daddy/Daughter Dance will be held on May 28, 2021. The event will be held at the Otis Park Band Shell. (CDC guidelines apply)
- Softball registration is now open. The registration fee is $585 fee for men and women’s teams, $475 for co-ed and church teams. For more information contact Gary Dorsett at 812-275-5692
- Repair work on the wall at Otis Park continues
- The new irrigation system at the Otis Golf Course is about complete. The system has been updated to be controlled by cell phones to address emergencies quickly. A weather station also was installed to allow shutting off the system when it rains.
- The board discussed the opening of the Thornton pool. At this time, officials plan to open the pool this year. An opening date has not been set. Another major concern was the hiring and training of lifeguards.