UNDATED – Construction moves to the north, on the I-69 project from Martinsville, in Morgan County toward Johnson and Marion counties.
INDOT combined some of their favorite winter shots into the video below with their crews working through the snow, rain, and cold weather.
There was a very visible sign of progress earlier this March with the installation of 14 large concrete beams for the new I-69 bridge over Sartor Ditch. It took crews only nine weeks after the State Road 37 closure in Martinsville to remove the old pavement, dig out the new ditch alignment and pour the concrete substructure to allow for beam installation.
Drainage structure installation is expected to close Southview Drive today for realignment west of Mahalasville Road in Martinsville. Access to the nearby Williamsburg Apartments will be from the west using Burton Lane and Southview Drive.
- Asphalt plants have reopened and more permanent pothole repairs have begun in the I-69 work zones. Stay alert for flaggers and short-term lane closures while the asphalt cools. Where needed, a final layer of surface asphalt will be paved as temperatures warm this spring.
- More permanent lane markings have been applied in downtown Martinsville where traffic patterns were changed ahead of the State Road 37 closure.
- North of State Road 144 near Bargersville, some local roads have permanently closed at State Road 37 to install new utility lines and to start access road construction. You can see where existing local roads will be connected to I-69 access points by viewing maps of the State Road 144, Smith Valley Road, and County Line Road interchanges.
- Both Stones Crossing Road and Travis Road are closed west of State Road 37. The best local access to the area is from the south using State Road 144 and Old State Road 37/Old Port Royal Road.
- Watch for I-465 shoulder closures each workday, as weather allows, on the southwest side between I-70 and I-65. Specialized crews are collecting soil samples to inform the design of added lanes for I-465 in the area.
- New utility lines are being installed, both underground and overhead, near State Road 37 from County Line Road to I-465 to make way for I-69 construction.