UNDATED – The National Organic Program (NOP) announces a new course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center.
Organic Regulations and Retail Labeling
This course introduces the federal organic standards and the stakeholders responsible for rule-making, implementation, and enforcement. It is intended for farms and businesses considering organic certification and for organic professionals who participate in the regulatory process. This course explains the different components of the organic standards – the Organic Foods Production Act (OFPA or the Act), the USDA organic regulations, and the NOP Handbook. This course also covers the rules for labels, labeling, and marketing of organic retail products.
Self-Enrolling in Learning Center Courses
How to Register for a Course
Once logged into the USDA AMS National Organic Program, Organic Integrity Learning Center, signing up for a course is like buying a product at an online store, but all training is free.
To register for an NOP course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center, follow these steps:
- Click on Register for Course in the menu.
- Available courses in the program will appear.
- Click the green Register button for each desired course.
- The green button will change to a blue button that says, Added to Cart.
- You will see a shopping cart with the number of courses selected.
- Click the link that says Proceed to Checkout.
Note: The tuition is $0 – All training in the Learning Center is free!
- A list of the courses you selected will appear. To confirm enrollment, select the green Confirm button.
- Go to your Dashboard to launch the course.
- Click on the course title from the list of Active Courses.
- Once you have completed a course, it will appear under the list of Completed Courses.
- To access all completed course content, register for the National Organic Program Training Archive course to review (read-only) material from all OILC courses.