(BLOOMINGTON) – The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce Announces 2021 Educator of the Year Award winners.
They were selected from a pool of nominees from across Monroe County by a committee composed of leaders from the public sector, the business community, and the education sector.
The Outstanding Educator Awards recognize outstanding service and dedication to the field of education, fellow educators, and Monroe County youth.
Bloomington-based company Solution Tree is donating $500 to the school of each outstanding educator. In addition, Solution Tree will pay all expenses for each awardee to attend a Solution Tree Institute or any of their two-day workshops.
Congratulations to these 5 Monroe County Community School Corporation outstanding educators:
- Sheila Butler, Adult Education Teacher at Broadview Learning Center
- Debbie Ferree, Math Teacher at Jackson Creek Middle School
- Patty Harpring, First Grade Teacher at University Elementary School
- Maggie Olivo, Music Teacher at Fairview Elementary School
- Barb Stork, Special Education Department Co-Chair at Bloomington High School South
The Lifetime Achievement Award is for one individual who has demonstrated a lifetime of outstanding commitment to education.
RCV Roofing is offering the Lifetime Achievement winner a complimentary 6” gutter replacement for their home. This includes removal and disposal of old gutters and up to 250’ of new gutterwork, including accessories.
This year’s lifetime achievement awardee is Kathleen Hugo, retired Director of the Special Education Department.