(UNDATED) – The Indiana Department of Transportation Southeast District has issued a full call of plow trucks for the majority of the area ahead of winter weather this evening.
The National Weather Service predicts one-to-two inches of snow overnight tonight. Temperatures are expected to drop into the teens and single digits, with wind chills below zero. This will likely cause slick conditions across southeast Indiana.
Report times will be staggered starting at 8 p.m. for drivers to begin treating and clearing state highways and interstates. Initial crews will work 12-hour shifts and additional personnel will take over for daytime patrols on Sunday morning if needed.
- Bloomington Sub District: 27 trucks (full call-out)
- Columbus Sub District: 28 trucks (full call-out)
- Madison Sub District: 28 trucks (full call-out)
- Aurora Sub District: 29 trucks (full call-out)
- Falls City Sub District: 14 trucks (patrols)
Drivers are encouraged to slow down and give plow trucks plenty of room to work. Follow @INDOTSoutheast on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates. Monitor road conditions via INDOT’s CARS Program.