(MITCHELL) – The Mitchell Community School board met on Monday evening and voted to hire a school Psychologist.
The school Psychologist will not start until June of 2021, according to Brent Comer Superintendent Mitchell Community Schools.
In other business:
- Approved the Administrative staff pay to an increased salary of $500.
- Approved the Schedule of Benefits for administrative staff, some of the sick pay, and severance will be reviewed and updated.
- Approved the Health and Nutrition Plan for the school corporation
- Approved the 1st Semester Final Exam and attendance to reward for good attendance and grades for the first semester. They must meet certain grades and attendance if they meet those, they can opt-out without having to take the final exam.
- Approved the Mitchell Jr. High Dance Competition dependent upon local and traveling locations, health department recommendations and subject to change based on those requirements.
Dr. Comer has not made any final decisions at this time but will consider options for the first week when students return from the Christmas vacation. Currently, Mitchell Community Schools is on all virtual format. Dr. Comer told board members he will be keeping them informed. The board has authorized Dr. Comer to make any decision in regards to matters regarding COVID-19.
- Annie Chumley – Mitchell Junior High School Aide – resignation effective November 30, 2020
- Tammie Tomlinson – Hatfield Aide – resignation – effective December 4, 2020
- Riley Voorhies – Speech Language Pathology Aide – resignation effective December 11, 2020
- Becky Mason Junior Class Concession Sponsor Boys Basketball