(BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence Community School board approved an extended contract with Toshiba Business Solutions. With the closing of the schools, the contract was negotiated with a savings of $12,000 – $15,000.
The school board also approved an agreement with INsite Subscriber Master Service Agreement with Indiana University. This will help the school corporation submit information to the state and allow the smooth transfer of data. Monroe County and Bartholomew County are also taking part in the pilot program.
Maggie Dainton provided school board members an update on how they are preparing elementary students should the corporation go to a virtual format. Several practice sessions are ongoing with elementary school students.
“Our numbers remain low at this time in the North Lawrence Community School system. We want to thank our teachers and custodial staff for the exceptional job they are doing through this time,” stated Dr. Mungle.
The basketball programs and events have reduced capacity to 13 percent and the school corporation will continue to monitor the situation for any other changes that may have to be made.
Dr. Mungle stated that they will wait until Wednesday of next week to issue recommendations for schools on how they would proceed following the Thanksgiving break for future operations.
North Lawrence Maintenance Director Donald Zollman provided members updates on projects that are underway at the school facilities. The turf project at Bedford North Lawrence High School is progressing with the turf for the fields possibly arriving sometime next week.
The swimming pool renovation has progressed well and bleachers have been installed at Parkview Intermediate and Lincoln schools. The furniture from Springville School and Fayetteville Schools will be installed at Lincoln and some of the other schools to replace some of the aging furniture in the other schools.
Zollman told the board he will be meeting about the Stalker roof project sometime next week.
Dr. Ty Mungle along with North Lawrence Community School president Trent Todd wanted to express condolences and acknowledge the hard work and dedication of long-time maintenance worker Jay D. Combs.
“We respected Jay D. Combs for his hard work and coming to our school board meetings and speak on behalf of the North Lawrence Community School employees,” said Trent Todd, President of the North Lawrence Community School Board. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family,” said Dr. Ty Mungle, North Lawrence Community Schools Superintendent.
On December 3, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. North Lawrence Community Schools will be conducting an Open Session and Public Hearing a resolution approving the form of a second amendment for the lease of Springville Elementary school.
This will allow the bond to transfer to the Dollens School Gymnasium.
The following personnel changes were approved:
- Natashia Breedlove – North Lawrence Learning Center LPN effective November 30, 2020
- Charleston McCullough – Shawswick Elementary Super Sub Instructional Assistant effective November 20, 2020
- Tanner Romine – BMS Super Sub Instructional Assistant effective November 23, 2020
- Gavin Blackman – NLCS 190 Day Custodian effective November 23, 2020
- Devin Henderson – Transferring from Needmore Instructional Assistant to Needmore Resource Instructional Assistant effective November 19, 2020
- Jack Maxwell – Transferring from BMS Super Sub to ISS Instructional
Assistant effective November 23, 2020
- Amy Nikirk – Transferring from Oolitic Campus Library Instructional
Assistant to Oolitic Administrative Assistant effective November 16, 2020
- Karlas Spears – Transferring from BNL Kitchen to Parkview Kitchen
effective November 23, 2020
- Emily Spoonmore – Transferring from Oolitic Campus Instructional
Assistant to Library Instructional Assistant effective November 23, 2020.
- Donnie Thomas – Transferring from BNL Custodian to Oolitic Custodian effective November 23, 2020
- Mallori Beyers – BMS Dance Coach effective October 26, 2020.
- Logan Felts – NLCC Summer Agriculture Contract for 2020-21
- Linda Brammer – Separation of Service as BMS Instructor effective
October 20, 2020
- Brooke Battin – Resigning as Oolitic Resource Instructor effective
November 24, 2020
- Anna Bexell – Resigning as NLCS Custodian effective November 27,2020
- Amber Crecelius – Resigning as NLCS Nurse effective November 24,
- Cherise Geary – Resigning as Oolitic Campus Instructional Assistant
- effective December 2, 2020
- Amanda Larson – Abdicate as BNL Health Aide effective October 19,
- Stacey Moore – Resigning as BMS Instructional Assistant October 30,
- Emily Taylor – Resigning as North Lawrence Learning Center Nurse
- effective October 27, 2020
- Tony Henson – Retiring as NLCS 52 Week Custodian effective December 4, 2020, Henson was hired on January 4, 2010.
- Rosanna Roach – Retiring as Instructional Assistant effective November 10, 2020, Roach was hired on August 27, 2001.
- Michelle Hayes – Remaining as a School Year 190 Day Custodian
effective October 22, 2020
- Sara Perry – Returning as Shawswick Elementary Instructional Assistant effective December 14, 2020
Medical Leave Requests
- Kelly Cassidy – Requesting medical leave on November 20, 2020, returning on November 30, 2020
- Molly Embree – Requesting medical leave on November 30, 2020, continuing through January 20, 2021
- Tammie Jean – Requesting medical leave on December 11, 2020, continuing for approximately two up to twelve weeks
- Brooklyn Morrow – Requesting medical leave on November 26, 2020, continuing for 6 weeks
- Leonard Neff – Requesting medical leave on November 19, 2020, continuing for 6 weeks