(MITCHELL) – During their meeting Monday night the Mitchell School Board voted to ratify the teachers contract.
The ratified contract includes:
- All Mitchell Community School teachers that have served the corporation for more than 120 current consecutive days will receive a $500 increase in salary.
- There are a group of approximately 30 teachers who are not currently on the correct salary scale. Meaning their years of service and/or their highest degree earned does not match others with like qualifications. The group will be moved approximately one-third toward the correct placement this year.
- There are some minor “language” changes to the proposed contract based on the recommendation by the Indiana Education Relations board or IREB. These are language changes only and do not impact salary changes only and do not impact the salary or working requirements of the Mitchell Community School teachers.
In other business:
- Approved a lease agreement between Lehigh Cement Company and Mitchell Community Schools for a future cross country course.
- Appointed Matt Sowders to the Mitchell Public Library board.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was agreed and signed between Orleans and Shoals to an agreed Special Needs Educator. Each corporation will pay a third of their salary and Mitchell Community Schools will provide office space for Dr. Emily Dykstra. All of the school corporations must approve the agreement before it becomes official.
- The school corporation was updated on receiving three bids to demolish two houses on 9th Street in Mitchell. At this time they are waiting on a bid from Flynn & Sons before selecting a company to demolish the two houses.
- Mitchell Schools is expected to a hybrid system next week.
- Dr. Emily Dykstra – Special Needs Director effective July 1, 2021
- Libby Jackson – Hatfield Fresh Start Aide – effective November 16, 2020
- Joseph Oktavec – Burris Elementary Cafeteria – effective November 16, 2020
- Whitney Pannebaker – Unpaid Leave Request – effective of November 24, 2020
- Taylor Baker from temporary Medical Assistant to Hatfield Elementary Aide.