(MARTINSVILLE) – Progress on I-69 is visible throughout Martinsville and Morgan County, but motorists will see the progress move north next year. Construction will be underway throughout the I-69 corridor in Marion, Johnson and northern Morgan counties starting in early 2021 and continuing through late 2024.
Updated project maps are now available at I69FinishLine.com and will help you track the work happening now and the improvements still to come. I-69 Finish Line begins in Martinsville and ends with I-465 in Indianapolis. When viewing maps, keep in mind the project is divided into five construction contracts.
- Work on Contract 1, local roads in Martinsville, is complete.
- Work on Contracts 2 and 3 is underway. Contract 2 includes four miles of I-69 in Martinsville with work continuing into 2022.
- Contract 3 includes local access roads in Morgan County with work expected to be complete by mid-2021.
- Contract 4 includes I-69 from Morgan Street in Martinsville to Fairview Road in Johnson County.
- Contract 5 includes I-69 from Fairview Road to and including I-465. Work on Contracts 4 and 5 will continue through 2024.
The updated maps are high resolution and you can easily zoom in to take a closer look at a particular area. The maps highlight new pavement and bridges. I-69 Finish Line includes more than 26 miles of new interstate highway, more than 35 lane miles of new local access roads and 39 new bridges.
- The barrier wall has been removed from S.R. 39 and Morton Avenue and replaced by construction barrels. Patching will continue in the area as crews prepare to add the final layer of surface pavement. Permanent widening in the area is complete.
- Harriet Street has reopened to traffic at the S.R. 39 and Morton Avenue intersection. It was closed for paving and intersection improvements.
- New bridges continue to take shape throughout the corridor. Bridge beams were installed last week for S.R. 37 southbound over Indian Creek and New Harmony Road over Stotts Creek. The concrete decks on the new Perry Road and Waverly Road bridges are expected to be poured this week.
- Perry Road is expected to open to Lincoln Road access at S.R. 37 in early October. Perry Road will be closed south of Perry Lane to complete the tie-in work to the Perry Road overpass.
- Another new section of Twin Branch Road is expected to open this week as construction continues north of S.R. 44.
- Crews are paving and resurfacing in the S.R. 37 median and northbound shoulder between Martinsville and S.R. 144. Extended single-lane northbound lane closures will be in place. Closures are expected to start this week and will happen outside of morning rush hour.
- Nighttime pavement milling is expected to begin today along S.R. 39 and Morton Avenue and will continue for the next few weeks. Slow down and watch for flaggers in the area.
- There’s a new traffic pattern in place on S.R. 37 southbound at S.R. 39/Morton Avenue. The right lane is closed and traffic is merging into the left lane. This traffic pattern will remain in place until the S.R. 37 closure in Martinsville in early 2021.
- Ennis Road is expected to reopen this week at S.R. 37 as construction of the New Harmony Road extension continues.
The I-69 Finish Line project office remains closed temporarily, but our Project Team stands ready to assist. Call 855-INDOT-4U or email INDOT@indot.in.gov to connect with our team. Find the latest news, information and traffic updates at I-69FinishLine.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.