(BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence Community School board approved replacing the lighting at Bedford North Lawrence High School with LED lighting.
The project with SLG of will cost $7,000 in repairs to some of the light poles in the student parking lot in addition to material costs of $75,000 for the project.
By replacing the lights it is expected to save $6,500 a year in utility costs. The material costs savings verses replacing bulbs will be approximately $200,000.
In other business the board tabled the replacement of a roof at the North Lawrence Learning Center (old Stalker School). There were some concerns that the board would like to discuss further before voting on the bids during Thursday’s school board meeting.
The school board approved the purchase of a 2014 Thomas school bus and a 2016 Thomas school bus from Kerlin Bus Sales.
North Lawrence Community Schools received a $191,000 grant from Greer to purchase equipment for connectivity for virtual learning. Hotspots and other equipment will be used to help keep students connected during virtual learning.
North Lawrence Community Schools is also in the process of applying for a ROI grant in the amount of $250,000. The corporation is in phase three of that grant.
Heather Stevens and Duane Cuanington addressed the school board about the BNL wrestling program. Recently, Coach Greg Stevens was replaced by Chris Branham.
New Hires approved:
- Kathy Aldridge – Oolitic Instructor effective August 7, 2020
- Deborah Asbell – BNL Instructor effective August 21, 2020
- Rebecca Dever – NLCC Criminal Justice Instructor effective September 8, 2020
- Alexandrea Hudelson – BNL Temporary Counselor effective October 1, 2020, through March 1, 2021
- James Tritle – Parkview Instructor effective August 11, 2020
- Amanda Pinnick – Federal Programs Administrative Assistant effective October 6, 2020
- Julia Godsey – Parkview Instructional Assistant effective August 11, 2020
- Briana Guinn – Oolitic Instructional Assistant effective September 18,
- Amanda Larson – BNL Health Aide effective September 21, 2020
- John Gould – NLCS 52 week Custodian effective September 21, 2020
- John Dan Jenkins – NLCS 52 week Custodian effective September 21, 2020
- Joshua Schloesser – NLCS HVAC Maintenance effective September 21,2020
- Jacob Dumond – Custodian effective September 21, 2020
- Ron Henson – Custodian effective September 21, 2020
- Chelsea Johnson – NLCS Nurse effective September 1, 2020.
- Sara McKee – NLCS Bus Driver effective September 18, 2020.
- Polly Craig – Transferring from Administration Office Administrative
Assistant to BNL Administrative Assistant effective September 21, 2020.
- Gerald Foster – Transferring from BNL 52 week Custodian to 28 hour
Parkview effective August 31, 2020
- Angie Godsey – Transferring from Needmore Resource to Computer
Instructional Assistant effective September 21, 2020
- Jodi Godsey – Transferring from PVI Kitchen Manager to Parkview
Kitchen Manager effective August 24, 2020
- Michelle Hayes – Transferring from BNL Instructional Assistant to
Shawswick Super Sub effective September 3, 2020
- Matthew Higgs – Transferring from NLCS Sub Custodian to Oolitic 52
week Custodian effective September 21, 2020
- Elizabeth Smith – Transferring from Lincoln NLCS Custodian 180 days to 28 hour Lincoln Custodian effective September 14, 2020
- Maxine Shipwash – Transferring from BNL 180 days Custodian to Oolitic Campus 28-hour Custodian effective August 31, 2020
- Stephanie Tlustek – Transferring from Parkview Instructional Assistant Parkview ELL/Early Care effective August 20, 2020
- Patricia Winegar – Transferring from BMS 52 week Custodian to Lincoln Elementary 180 day Custodian effective September 21, 2020
- Makenzie Warner – Transferring from BNL Administrative Asst. to
Administration Office Administrative Asst. effective September 21, 2020.
- Kim Young – Transferring from Oolitic Instructional Assistant to Oolitic
Instructional Assistant Self Contained effective September 14, 2020.
- Christopher Branham – BNL Head Wrestling Coach effective September 18, 2020
- Brad Gilbert – BNL Athletic Director Assistant effective for a 2020-21academic year
- DJ Horton – BNL Athletic Director Assistant effective for a 2020-21academic year.
- Adam Young – BNL Varsity Boys and Girls Swimming Head Coach effective for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Peggy Taylor- MS Girls’ Golf effective September, pending a background check.
Bedford Middle School:
- Curt Alvey – BMS Boys’ Head Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020.
- Wayne Fugate – BMS Boys’ Asst. Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020
- Ed Cobb – BMS Girls’ Head Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020.
- Spencer Cobb – BMS Girls’ Asst. Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020
- Mike Wright – Oolitic MS Boys’ Head Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020
- Barbara Miller – Oolitic MS Girls’ Head Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020
- Michael Tillet – Oolitic MS Girls’ Asst. Basketball Coach effective October 23, 2020
- Troy Lobosky – Resigning as NLCC Criminal Justices Instructor August 24, 2020.
- Lori Jones – Resigning as BMS Special Ed Instructional Asst effective September 18, 2020.
- Tianna Inman – Resigning as BNL Dance Coach effective September 4, 2020
- Marty Leonard – Resigning as Oolitic Instructional Assistant effective August 14, 2020
- Cheryl Littell – Resigning as Needmore Instructional Assistant effective September 14, 2020
- Kristen New – Resigning as Parkview Instructional Assistant September 16, 2020.
- Roger Stallings – Resigning as NLCS Custodian effective September 4, 2020.
- Peyton Storms – Resigning as BNL Instructional Assistant effective September 25, 2020
- Jessie Sturgeon – Resigning as Shawswick Instructional Assistant effective September 1, 2020.
- Sarah Conover – Resigning as Parkview Robotics Coach effective 2020-21 school year
- Ashlie Kimmel – Resigning as Oolitic Co-Yearbook Sponsor effective September 3, 2020
- Amy Nikirk – Resigning as Oolitic Co-Yearbook Sponsor effective September 3, 2020
- Tanna Mosier – Retiring NLCS Custodian effective September 4, 2020.
- Darren Slate – Requested medical leave from August 10, 2020, through September 22, 2020