(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 541 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and private laboratories. That brings to 21,033 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
While the number of cases has increased, intensive care unit and ventilator capacities remain steady. As of Tuesday, about 44 percent of ICU beds and 80 percent of ventilators were available at hospitals throughout the state.
To date, 115,834 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 113,297 on Monday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 97. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (32), Bartholomew (30), Cass (36), Delaware (11), Elkhart (22), Hamilton (15), Jackson (16), Johnson (15), Lake (64), LaPorte (12), Noble (37), St. Joseph (19) and Steuben (10). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 109 positive cases, 14 deaths, and 589 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 132 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 1,393 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 297 positive cases, 17 deaths, and 662 people have been tested
- Brown County has 18 positive cases, 1 death, and 80 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 52 positive cases, 15 deaths, and 399 people have been tested
- Greene County has 97 positive cases, 7 deaths, and 482 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 183 positive cases, 1 death, and 693 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 80 people have been tested
- Orange County has 106 positive cases, 13 deaths, and 345 people have been tested
- Washington County has 45 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 292 people have been tested
A total of 1,213 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 62 over the previous day. Another 113 probable deaths have been reported. Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans, and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
Visit the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov for additional information on cases. The dashboard will be updated at noon daily. All cases are listed by county of residence.