(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 669 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories. That brings to 17,835 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 94,998 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 91,550 on Wednesday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 238. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (33), Cass (40), Delaware (17), Elkhart (10), Hamilton (10), Jackson (10), Johnson (16), Lake (60), Madison (14), Montgomery (27), Morgan (12), Orange (12) and St. Joseph (14). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 99 positive cases, 13 deaths, and 504 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 123 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 1,159 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 250 positive cases, 12 deaths, and 605 people have been tested
- Brown County has 15 positive cases, 1 death, and 67 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 47 positive cases, 11 deaths, and 332 people have been tested
- Greene County has 56 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 396 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 138 positive cases, 1 death, and 612 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 61 people have been tested
- Orange County has 76 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 265 people have been tested
- Washington County has 43 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 255 people have been tested
A total of 1,007 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19, an increase of 43 over the previous day following the removal of one duplication. Another 107 probable deaths have been reported. Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.