(INDIANAPOLIS) — The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 650 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories.
That brings to 16,588 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
To date, 87,181 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 84,476 on Monday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 158. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (19), Cass (85), Elkhart (24), Hancock (21), Jasper (11), Johnson (11), Lake (129), Porter (13) and St. Joseph (16). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 95 positive cases, 11 deaths, and 485 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 122 positive cases, 7 deaths, and 1,061 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 238 positive cases, 11 deaths, and 551 people have been tested
- Brown County has 15 positive cases, 1 death, and 61 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 46 positive cases, 11 deaths, and 312 people have been tested
- Greene County has 48 positive cases, 6 deaths, and 359 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 125 positive cases, 1 death, and 542 people have been tested
- Martin County has 7 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 56 people have been tested
- Orange County has 63 positive cases, 8 deaths, and 247 people have been tested
- Washington County has 41 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 252 people have been tested
A total of 901 Hoosiers have been confirmed to have died of COVID-19. Another 91 probable deaths have been reported. Probable deaths are those for which a physician listed COVID-19 as a contributing cause based on X-rays, scans, and other clinical symptoms but for which no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.