(SOUTHEAST INDIANA) – Indiana Department of Transportation contractor E&B Paving Inc. plans to start work next week on a $4.5 million terminal joint replacement and repair project. Over 75 locations across southeastern and south-central Indiana are included in the contract.
On or after Monday, April 27, work will begin on I-65 in Clark County near Lewis and Clark Parkway. Nighttime lane closures will be in effect at various bridge approaches from approximately 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. The contractor will work at each location for one-to-two nights at a time.
Other locations include:
- S.R. 265 (Charlestown Pike), Veterans Parkway and Eastern Blvd. over I-65 in Clark County
- S.R. 750 in Jennings County (CSX Railroad/Six Mile Creek)
- U.S. 31 in Scott County (Hutto Creek)
- I-65 in Scott, Jackson and Bartholomew Counties
- S.R. 11 in Jackson County (East Fork White River)
- I-64 in Floyd County
- C.R. 500 N. over I-65 in Johnson County
- U.S. 50 in Dearborn County (Tanner’s Creek)
- S.R. 60 over I-65 in Clark County
- U.S. 150 in Floyd County (Little Indian Creek)
- S.R. 337 in Harrison County (Little Indian Creek)
- C.R. 250 and U.S. 421 over I-74 in Decatur County
- S.R. 229 over I-74 in Ripley County
- S.R. 45/46 and Vernal Pike over I-69 and I-69 in Monroe County (Clear Creek)
Work performed at each location will include milling and placement of polymeric asphalt to repair terminal joint damage sustained during winter freeze-thaw cycles. The contract was awarded in February and is expected to be complete by mid-September. Motorists should slow down, use extra caution and drive distraction-free through all work zones. All work is weather dependent.