(INDIANAPOLIS) —The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) today announced that 431 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 through testing at ISDH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and private laboratories. That brings to 12,097 the total number of Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total.
The new cases and new tests reported today are lower than expected due to a technology issue and should not be interpreted as a decline in new infections. The additional positive cases not included in today’s report will be captured in the coming days and reflected appropriately.
To date, 67,264 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 64,649 on Monday.
Marion County had the newest cases, at 133. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (11), Cass (20), Elkhart (14), Grant (19), Hamilton (17), Hendricks (12), Johnson (24), Lake (49), St. Joseph (31) and Warrick (10). The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.
- Lawrence County has 83 positive cases, 9 deaths, and 408 people have been tested
- Monroe County has 115 positive cases, 5 deaths, and 909 people have been tested
- Bartholomew County has 140 positive cases, 7 deaths, and 449 people have been tested
- Brown County has 14 positive cases, 1 death, and 50 people have been tested
- Daviess County has 38 positive cases, 5 death, and 216 people have been tested
- Greene County has 44 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 306 people have been tested
- Jackson County has 98 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 455 people have been tested
- Martin County has 6 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 48 people have been tested
- Orange County has 34 positive cases, 4 deaths, and 175 people have been tested
- Washington County has 31 positive cases, 0 deaths, and 78 people have been tested
A total of 630 Hoosiers have died to date. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH; the deaths reported today occurred between April 7 and April 20.
The complete list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard at coronavirus.in.gov. Cases are listed by county of residence. Private lab reporting may be delayed and will be reflected in the map and count when results are received at ISDH. The dashboard will be updated at noon each day.