(BEDFORD) – Lawrence County property tax statements should be arriving in the mail in the next few days.
The Spring Installment due date is May 11, 2020, and the Fall Installment due date is November 10, 2020.
Current tax and credit card payment information may be found online at
The Lawrence County Courthouse is closed by the Lawrence County Commissioners for all non-essential business. The Treasurer’s Office is closed to the public as the business is neither time-sensitive nor essential.
Questions will only be handled by phone.
Tax payments should be mailed, paid online or paid via the toll free number below.
- Office hours are 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m.
- The phone number is 812-275-2431
- The mailing address is 916 15th Street, Room 27, Bedford, IN 47421
- Tax payment toll-free number: 1-888-654-3143 (property number required & fee applies)
- Tax payment website: https://lawrencecounty.egovpayments.com (Fee applies)
- Questions regarding your assessment should be directed to the Assessor’s Office at 812-275-5405; regarding your tax rate, exemptions or deductions to the Auditor’s Office at 812-275-3111 or regarding your tax payment to the Treasurer’s Office at 812-275- 2431.
The Executive Order issued by Governor Eric Holcomb waiving property tax late charges for 60 days following the deadline is intended for those experiencing financial difficulties in the COVID-19 situation. Payments made after May 11 will create shortfalls for all units of government. If you are able to pay by the May 11 deadline, officials implore you to do so.