(UNDATED) – The Division of Aging would like to provide the following COVID-19 resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Purdue University for older adults and their families. The last resource provides a listing of pharmacy drive-thru and delivery services.
Please select the educational resource(s) most appropriate for your client and/or caregiver and provide them with a hard copy. Review key points and assist as necessary with the following:
- Using everyday preventive actions to protect themselves and others from getting the infection
- Knowing the symptoms and warning signs, and who to call if they get sick – their medical provider, and if unavailable, the local health department (provide phone number)
- Planning ahead to ensure adequate food
- Planning ahead to ensure an adequate medication supply
- Preparation of an emergency contact list
- Get Your Home Ready – CDC
- If You Are Sick With COVID-19 – CDC
- How to Protect Yourself – CDC
- Get Ready for COVID-19: For People Who Are At Higher Risk – CDC
- Indiana Pharmacy Social Distancing Options – Purdue University
The Division of Aging is a program of the Indiana Family & Social Services Administration. If you have questions about Aging programs and services, visit us online at www.IN.gov/fssa/aging.