(BEDFORD) – In order to protect the public and employees from the potential spread of COVID-19, Bedford Mayor Sam Craig has implemented changes to all city buildings and parks.
All city facilities are currently on lockdown. Citizens will be greeted by an employee who will screen you before entering any facility.
Residents are encouraged to call or email the each city department as needed.
For example, at City Hall, a doorbell will be utilized to notify staff you are there.
At the present time, all meetings will only be scheduled as needed and social distancing has been implemented.
During the Board of Works meeting this afternoon only the Board of Works members, department heads, and media were in attendance.
Each department head was called in one at a time to address the board. The public is allowed to attend but some restrictions may apply.
The following Bedford facilities are now closed to the public until further notice:
- All Rentals of City of Bedford properties
- Bedford Parks and Otis Park Golf Course
- Bedford Fire Department Stations are locked down
- TASC Buses only used for hospital transportation, food or employment needs
- Payments for utilities should be mailed, submitted online or given at the drive-up window.
- Trash pick up will remain on the same schedule at this time.
“We want the public to cooperate with us through these unprecedented times. If you need assistance call first. Of course, our police and fire departments will respond to your emergency, but will follow protocols in dealing with any emergency,” said Bedford Mayor Sam Craig during a meeting with local media today.