(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Department of Veterans’ Affairs (IDVA) will award up to nine hundred thousand dollars in grant money to organizations throughout the state that assist homeless veterans.
Eligible applicants must have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Organizations will use the money to help veterans in any of the following areas:
- Work to eliminate homelessness
- Prevent near-term homelessness
- Provide safe and secure living conditions for homeless veterans
- Provide assistance for veterans moving from public housing programs toward homeownership or long-term rental status
- Provide assistance in finding available state and federal resources
- Provide on-the-job training and job search assistance
- Provide therapeutic services.
The solicitation for the Grants for Veterans’ Services (GVS) program is now available on the IDVA website and includes details and guidelines about the grant program and eligibility criteria.
The GVS program originated through an act of legislation designed to provide funding for organizations that serve veterans.