(UNDATED) – The Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) has opened the following grants for 2019 grant applications:
- Emergency Management Preparedness Grant (EMPG) – Salary and Competitive – applications are due October 11, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EDT. To apply, a registered system administrator must complete and submit the application through the IntelliGrants management system. Please note – the salary and competitive applications must be completed separately. Please review the notice of funding opportunity for more information
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant (HMEP) – applications are due October 11, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EDT. To apply, a registered system administrator must complete and submit the application through the IntelliGrants management system.
Click on the name of the grant program above to access more information about the notice of funding opportunity, or visit dhs.in.gov/grants.htm.
Instructional videos for EMPG applications are available within the IntelliGrants management system. Log in to IntelliGrants and click on “My Training Materials” in the upper navigation bar to access the “IDHS Subrecipient User Manual” and other resources.
To submit a support ticket for IDHS grants or IntelliGrants, visit dhs.in.gov/grants.htm.
Last Call for System Administrators
A System Administrator account is required for any entity that would like to apply for the 2019 EMPG or 2020 HMEP grants.
To register as a System Administrator for your organization, visit dhs.in.gov/4220.htm. Organizations interested in applying for HMEP or EMPG must complete system admin registration by noon EDT on Monday, October 7.
Calendar Update: Grant-Related Dates to Know
Individuals that have received previous grant funds need to mark down the following dates:
- September 30: All 2018 EMPG and 2019 HMEP grant dollars must be spent. Extensions will not be available; please contact the grant manager if you are unable to spend your awarded funds.
- October 15: Grant quarterly reports are due in iGMS
- October 31: IDHS is extending the deadline for the 2019 grant-funded inventory submission. All inventory paperwork must be submitted through iGMS by the end of October.
- November 15: Closeout for 2018 EMPG and 2019 HMEP ends. All associated paperwork must be turned in to qualify for reimbursement through the RFE module in iGMS