(BEDFORD) – The Lawrence County Community Foundation Board of Directors awarded grants to thirty-three local agencies through the 2019 Open Grant Cycle.
The Community Foundation is governed by a volunteer board whose mission is to improve the quality of life in Lawrence County for this generation and generations to come. The Community Foundation accepts and manages individual and business contributions made to permanent endowments, some of which fund the annual grant cycle.
The 2019 cycle was funded by the David Allen Jacobs Community Fund, Bob Bridge Fund, German American Bancorp Fund, Earlyn & Alvera Burkhart Hill and Orlin & Imogene Burkett Memorial Fund, Ralph W. “Shorty” &
Bette Robison Fund, William A. Poling Fund for Lawrence County, Bicentennial Fund, Patrick & Sharon Robbins Fund, Dollens Fund, Chloral Hilderbrand Community Grants Fund, Jim & Annette Seib Community
Fund, the Harold “Mac” & Shirley McReynolds Fund, and the Sargent Family Fund. Additional funding was provided by the Betty R. Hilderbrand Fund for Mitchell Parks and Recreation, the Morris D. Norman Fund, and
the M. Jeanette Norman Fund.
Grant checks totaling $69,384 were distributed last week; community requests totaled over $197,000.
An additional $7,035 was awarded as challenge grants to Bedford Evening Lions Club and Lawrence County 4-H Clubs & Fair Association. The challenge grants provide matching funds, helping organizations gain awareness and raise funds for their mission.
Barbara Terry chaired the LCCF Grants Committee this year. “Once again, there were a record number of grant applications received from a wide variety of applicants who are deserving of receiving a grant, including several first-time applicants. Unfortunately not every application can be funded, but those organizations who will receive grants in this 2019 cycle will be providing important services for Lawrence County and its residents.” Terry added, “The continued financial support by Lawrence County residents and businesses makes this grant process possible”.
Grants from the Community Foundation’s unrestricted funds now total over
$882,000. The Lawrence County Community Foundation is a public charity recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to be proactive in creating and growing an enduring source of charitable assets and to identify and respond to the changing needs of Lawrence County. For more information contact Hope Flores at (812) 279-2215 or email@example.com.
Grant recipients and project names follow:
- 630 Recovery Place CR Family Day at Camp
- Bedford Housing Authority The Bus Stops Here
- Bertha’s Mission Meal Prep Program
- Between the Crowd Vortex
- Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence County Safe ‘n’ Secure
- First Christian Church FCC Coat Bank
- FOP Stone City Lodge #94 Cops for Kids
- FRC Team 5403 RoboBoosters Aluminosity Robotics Season
- Friends of Spring Mill State Park Publishing of Ansori Document
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank Delivery Challenge
- Hope Resource Center Ready or Not Tots
- Hope Resource Center Health Curriculum
- Huron Baptist Church Huron Community Park Shelter
- Kappa Kappa Kappa, Gamma Epsilon Chapter Candlelight Tour 2019
- Knights of Columbus, Council 1166 LARC Sensory Stations
- Lawrence Co. Cancer Patient Services AM,PM: Avoiding Malnutrition, Preventing Malnutrition
- Lawrence Co. Cancer Patient Services Breast Cancer Patient to Survivor: One Chapter at a Time
- Lawrence Co. Community Corrections Project C.H.A.N.G.E.
- Lawrence Co. Historical & Genealogical
- Society Microfilm Digitization Project
- Lawrence Co. Soil & Water Conservation
- District Pollinator Habitat
- Leesville Community Center Leesville Community Center
- Little Theatre of Bedford LC Youth Theatre Enrichment Program
- Living Well Home Care, Solutions Center Transportation for ALL
- Men’s Warming Center, First Christian Church MWC Laundry Facilities
- Mitchell Church of Christ Foster Family Support Lawrence Co Foster Family Christmas Party
- Mitchell LOOP, City of Mitchell Shade System for Mitchell Pool
- North Lawrence Career Center Vertical Milling Machine
- Serenity Club of Bedford Addiction Recovery Literature & Special Events
- Shawswick Vol. Fire Dept., Shawswick Trustee Fire Dept. Personal Protective Equipment
- The Solutions Center Community Connections & Awareness
- Southern Indiana Adult Guardianship Services Staying Connected
- Special Olympics Lawrence Co Unified Fitness Club
- Springville Community Association Springville Gym Restoration
- Springville Elementary School Springville Robotics Team
- Town of Oolitic AED
- Town of Oolitic Weather Alert Radio