(NASHVILLE) – A seven-year-old girl was bitten by a copperhead snake at Brown County State Park Saturday.
According to the DNR the girl was playing with her friends at her campsite when she ran to the edge of the woods. That’s when she was bitten on the ankle by the snake.
She was taken to Riley Hospital in Indy to be treated and she’s expected to be okay.
Copperhead venom is one of the least toxic of snake venoms in North America, but it can kill you if you don’t act quickly treat a copperhead bite.