(INDIANAPOLIS) The Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) announced today that 431 community-based arts providers and individual artists throughout Indiana will receive grants for the Fiscal Year 2020.
During its June 14th Quarterly Business Meeting in Indianapolis, the Commission approved funding recommendations for Arts Organization Support (AOS I; AOS II; AOS III); Arts Project Support (APS); Regional Arts Partner Block Grants to sub-grantees; and Regional Arts Partner Organization and Project Support grants.
The Commission approved grant allocations totaling more than $3 million in state and federal funds for grants and programs provided by arts organizations and cultural providers throughout the state, including grants to 56 individual artists.
The majority of the grants approved by the Commission, totaling more than $2.5 million, will be distributed through the IAC’s 11 regions to small and mid-sized organizations through Regional Initiative Grants.
Among these grants are AOS-I organizations including:
- Chesterton Arts Center ($6,807)
- Musical Arts Indiana ($5,679)
- Creative Arts Council of Wells County ($7,779)
- Delphi Opera House ($7,007)
- Art Association of Henry County ($6,866)
- Community Theatre of Clay County ($5,834)
- Hancock County Children’s Choir ($6,307)
- Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum ($5,834)
- Batesville Area Arts Council ($7,356)
- Veale Creek Players ($2,470)
- Carnegie Center for Art and History ($6,807)
A total of $613,072.20 was awarded to AOS-I organizations.
Also among Regional Initiative Grants are AOS-II funded organizations including:
- Memorial Opera House ($9,724)
- South Bend Civic Theatre ($17,985)
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre ($18,476)
- Long Center for the Performing Arts ($10,224)
- Richmond Symphony Orchestra ($9,783)
- Sheldon Swope Art Museum ($9,724)
- Indiana Artisan ($9,305)
- Cardinal Stage Company ($18,476)
- Columbus Pro Musica ($16,876); and the City of Jasper Arts Department ($12,641)
AOS-II organizations received a total of $1,717,964.
Among APS grants awarded are:
- Valparaiso Creative Council ($2,000)
- Goshen Community Chorale ($4,323)
- ReDiscover Downtown Peru ($4,750)
- Athens of Indiana Arts Studios and Gallery ($2,000)
- Central Indiana Powwow, Inc. ($5,000)
- Linda Luebke Strings Festival ($4,232)
- Brownsburg Parks ($3,900)
- Jewish Theatre of Bloomington ($4,000)
- Actor’s Community Theatre of Seymour ($5,000)
- Warrick Public Education Foundation ($4,834)
- Lanier Mansion Foundation ($4,000).
These APS organizations received a total of $732,653.73.
Organizations such as:
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art ($33,300)
- Evansville Museum of Arts and Sciences ($33,300)
- Honeywell Foundation, Warsaw ($35,100)
- Indiana Repertory Theatre, Indianapolis ($35,100)
These are among 13 organizations receiving direct grants from the IAC funded through the AOS-III category. These organizations received a total of $436,076
A complete list of all Fiscal Year 2020 IAC grants to organizations and individual artists can be found here.