(MITCHELL) – There are still tickets available for the second Live Talent Showcase at the Mitchell Opera House on Saturday.
Ten contestants will compete for the opportunity advance to the December finals where they’ll be eligible for a $1,000 prize.
Hoosier Uplands, which oversees the operation of the Opera House, is staging the talent competition.
The event, which includes four showcases scheduled throughout the year, is open to amateur performers in Lawrence, Orange, Crawford, Greene, Jackson, Martin, Monroe and Washington counties.
The top two winners from each showcase will be featured in a final event Dec. 14.
The top two winners from Saturday’s showcase will join pianist Barbara Spencer and dancer Haley Chase, who advanced out of the April 5 showcase. The finale will be December 14.
The performance will begin at 7 p.m. and tickets cost $10. Tickets can be purchased in advance at ACE Hardware/Ben Franklin in Mitchell or online by clicking here.
- Mia Collins, 13, of Bloomington, will sing.
- Tom Darlage of Norman will be singing and playing the guitar.
- Kameron Gumaelius, 18, of New Pekin, will sing and play guitar.
- Keenan Hays, 14, of Paoli, will play the electric guitar.
- Natasha LeAnnm of Salem is a singer/songwriter.
- Leah Tillett, of Paoli, is a singer.
- Dwight Cox, of Milltown, will sing and play guitar.
- Breeana Rayhill, 28, of Oolitic, will sing.
- Joe Strunk, originally from Bedford but now lives in Bloomington, will sing, play guitar and perform the harmonica.
- Abbie Moore and Ashlyn Hanner are cousins from Bedford who will dance.