(DELPHI) – In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions.
It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.
Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:
- They are not the same person
- The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
- The sketch released on April 22nd, 2019 is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
- The person in the sketch released April 22nd, 2019 is described as having a youthful appearance but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
- This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.