(BEDFORD) – Earlier this week, the Indiana State Police Drug Enforcement Section, Mitchell Police Department, Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department along with Bloomington District Troopers arrested 5 people on numerous charges in Lawrence County.
The investigation provided officers reason to believe that drugs were being transported north on State Road 37. Officers were able to identify a suspect vehicle and perform a subsequent traffic stop on State Road 37, just north of Old State Road37 in northern Lawrence County, Wednesday of this week.
After initially giving a false name, the driver was identified as 25-year-old Adam Starr, of Bloomington. Starr was found to be wanted on numerous warrants out of Monroe County.
Troopers were also given a false name by a female in the vehicle who was later identified as 19-year-old Stacy Herrington, of Bloomington. Herrington was also wanted on warrants out of Monroe County.
A third passenger, 38-year-old Robert Grubb, of Bloomington, was also wanted on felony warrants from Monroe County. Alexis Grubb and 43-year-old Carrie Sparks, of Spencer, were also located inside the vehicle and incarcerated.
A search of the vehicle revealed over 5 grams of methamphetamine, paraphernalia and other items of evidence.
All 5 occupants of the vehicle were incarcerated at the Lawrence County Jail.
- Carrie Sparks, 43 of Spencer, is facing charges of possession of meth, possession of drug paraphernalia,
- Alexis Grubb, 19 of Spencer, if facing charges of possession of meth, possession of drug paraphernalia,
- Stacy Herrington, 19 of Bloomington, if facing charges of possession of meth and possession of drug paraphernalia, identity deception, and wanted on a warrant out of Monroe County.
- Robert Grubb, 38 of Bloomington, possession of meth, wanted on warrants out of Monroe County
- Adam Starr, 25 of Bloomington, possession of meth, maintaining a common nuisance, identity deception, wanted on warrants out of Monroe County