(BLOOMINGTON) – The water level at Monroe Lake is at 13.3 feet above normal pool, as of 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 12.
The Army Corps of Engineers is currently releasing water from the dam at the maximum rate (just under 2,200 cfs) and the water is falling about 2 inches each day.
As of this time, the following areas and facilities at the lake are still impacted by the high water level:
- ALL of Pinegrove SRA is CLOSED (water is over the access road)
- ALL of Cartop SRA is CLOSED (water is over the access road)
- ALL of Stillwater-Northfork Wildlife Area is CLOSED (water is over the access road)
- Cutright SRA: main ramp is closed (remainder of property still accessible); high water ramp is currently open
- Paynetown SRA: marina/beach peninsula, select campsites, and Paynetown / Twin Oaks / Lakeview Shelters are closed (remainder of property still accessible)