UPDATED – Firefighters Battle Blaze in Springville

(SPRINGVILLE) – Firefighters from Perry Township, Indian Creek, Marshall, and Oolitic Volunteer Fire Departments battled a residential fire in the 5300 Block of Old Farm Road this morning.

At the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call at 12:14 a.m. reporting a fire in the 5390 block of Old Farm Road at the home of David Smith. Two other occupants were in the house.
When firefighters arrived, the fire was fully involved.
Temperatures hovered around 17 degrees this morning adding to the battle.
Perry Volunteer Fire Department Chief Jeff Long says the fire started after a heat lamp for a pet was knocked over.
Residents are reminded to check and make sure the batteries for their smoke detectors are in good working order as well as the smoke detector itself. The time change this weekend is a great time to check your detector.
Assisting at the scene was an IU Health Hospital ambulance crew.