(BLOOMINGTON) – The Monroe County Health Department, along with the Futures Family Planning Clinic, is inviting local artists to submit design proposals for a Public Health/Public Art mural to be located on the Health Services Building lower level ramp entrance wall at 119 West 7th Street.
Proposals for its “Ramp Up Awareness” mural will be taken now through noon October 12. The deadline has been pushed back due to weather delays.
The mural must be family-friendly and promote awareness and access to public health services, according to a press release from the department.
All materials will be donated by Bloomington Paint & Wallpaper, and the artist will receive a $500 stipend. Applications and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mural Details/Things to Consider:
- The building was built in 1911, is a Historic Building and the mural should add to the façade rather than detract attention from the building itself
- Family friendly/somewhat ‘classic’ in style
- Timeless (i.e. If the Futures Family Planning Clinic were to relocate, the mural should still make sense in the space
- The mural space is approximately 120 sq. ft. (detailed measurements provided upon request)
- Location: 119 West 7th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404 (ramp is located on the west side of the building along College Ave)
- The mural is to be painted on concrete – Concrete will be prepped by the Monroe County Maintenance staff (power-washed and primed-post consultation with selected artist)
- There is no application fee
- Submission deadline: October 12, 2018, at Noon
- E-mail submissions: ATTN: Melissa Kraai-Smock to email@example.com Subject line: Mural Submission or for questions: Mural Questions
- 6″ solid color border to run the entire length of the (bottom of) mural wall