(MARION) – Indiana Wesleyan University is pleased to invite high school students to participate in the third annual Wildcat Summer Academy, which offers a variety of weeklong enrichment camps.
The affordable and all-inclusive academy will take place on June 23-28 on the residential campus in Marion, Indiana. Students will stay overnight in campus residence halls with their fellow campers, giving them a taste of college life.
The Wildcat Summer Academy provides students unique enrichment, inspiration and the opportunity to develop skills to be used for a lifetime. Wildcat Summer Academy students will understand the Christian faith in the context of their specific area of interest and enjoy the opportunity for spiritual growth and development.
New camp options for this year’s Wildcat Summer Academy include Science Camp and the addition of a songwriting component to the Music Camp.
All camp options for 2019 include:
- Art Camp- Spend an intensive week focusing on your artistic ability. Delve into various mediums such as drawing, painting, digital design and photography.
- Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship Camp- Work as a team to develop an innovative solution to a real-life business challenge. Meet successful entrepreneurs, tour startup ventures, develop your own business concepts and work from a unique co-working space.
- Leadership & Life Calling Camp- Explore your strengths, values, and potential and gains hands-on experience learning how you can make a difference.
- Nursing Camp- Explore the career of nursing and participate in hands-on, interactive opportunities that give you the opportunity to develop your skills.
- Science Camp- Explore the many diverse fields of science and engineering through hands-on laboratory activities and group challenges.
- Songwriting & Music Camp- Choose between a songwriting track or a general musicianship track. Enjoy making music in a collaborative environment.
- Theatre Camp- Participate in workshops in stagecraft and acting, games, rehearsals and a final performance.
- Writing Camp- Explore your talent and develop your writing skills by creating original works of poetry, short stories, fiction, non-fiction and more.
“The Wildcat Summer Academy is a great opportunity for high school students to explore a variety of interest areas as they consider their future careers and educational pursuits,” said Cindy Ketcham, associate vice president of academic operations. “Students experience a week full of hands-on learning and personal instruction, all while living on campus and connecting with students that have similar interests.”
The base cost of Wildcat Summer Academy is $375. Total cost varies depending on the camp. To register or to learn more, visit www.indwes.edu/summer-academy/.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an evangelical Christian comprehensive university of The Wesleyan Church committed to global liberal arts and professional education. IWU-Marion represents nearly 3,000 students who are enrolled in traditional programs on the residential campus in Marion, Indiana. IWU-National & Global represents 9,000 adult learners who study at education centers in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, and online. IWU’s global ministry includes a close partnership with Excelsia College in Sydney, Australia.