INDIANA – The Department of Natural Resources will stock a total of 2,155 rainbow trout in seven different lakes across Indiana by the end of this month.
The trout are greater than 7 inches on average and come from Curtis Creek Trout Rearing Station near Howe in LaGrange County.
Stocking locations include:
- Shoaff Park Pond (Fort Wayne, Allen County) – 300 fish
- Spy Run Creek (Franke Park, Allen County) – 200 fish
- Oak Lake (Clark State Forest, Clark County) – 405 fish
- Johnson Lake (Madison, Jefferson County) – 300 fish
- Pinhook Lake (South Bend, St. Joseph County) – 200 fish
- Garvin Park Lake (Evansville, Vanderburgh County) – 550 fish
- Memorial Park Pond (Huntington, Huntington County) – 200 fish
Anglers age 18 and older need an Indiana fishing license and a trout/salmon stamp to fish for trout. The bag limit for trout in inland waters, other than Lake Michigan and its tributaries, is five fish per day with a minimum size limit of 7 inches. There is no closed season for taking trout from inland lakes.
Review inland trout regulations at eregulations.com/indiana/fishing/inland-trout-regulations.
For more information about stockings visit https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/fishing/indiana-fish-stocking/.