ORLEANS – After an absence of one year the Orleans Fall Fun Fest in the Park event is returning to historic Congress Square on Saturday, October 9th.
In 2020, the festival was canceled because of COVID.
The event is sponsored by the Orleans Chamber of Commerce and Visit French Lick/West Baden.
Chamber Executive Director Robert Henderson said the local chamber and its partners are excited to again play host to a number of fun fall family-type activities and special events planned for downtown Orleans.
On Friday, October 8th there will be a free Front Porch Concert at the 1847 historic home of Larry Padgett. The home is located one block west of the town square. The concert will begin at 6 p.m.
An Old Fashion Ice Cream Social will be held at Hometown Scoops from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m.
On Saturday, October 9th:
- 9 a.m. – 12 Noon Homegrown Farmers Market – Farm Fresh Produce, Soup Demo, Baked Goods, Fall Décor,Hand Crafted Items, Buck a Book & Lots More
- 9 a.m. – Registration for the OC Homegrown 5K Run/Walk at the Orleans Town Square. The race will begin at 10 a.m. There is a registration fee.
- 9 a.m.-? – Orleans Tri Kappa Fall Fun (Town Park) Homemade Goodies, Drinks, Fall Treats Children’s Activities & more
- 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. – Bounce Houses for the Kids (Town Park)
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Pet Adopt-A-Thon (Park Fountain) Sponsored by Kirk Vet Service, O.C. Humane Society and White River Humane Society
- Antique Tractor Display in the gravel lot next to Springer Farm Grain Bins on North Maple Street – Sponsored by the Antique Machinery Club
- 11 a.m. – Special Presentation to Lee Family With Saving Historic Orange County at the Bandstand
- 11 a.m. to 10 a.m. – “Octoberfest” Beer Garden, Live Music at SpeakEasy Pizza (north side of square)
- 11 a.m. Orleans Municipal Fire Department (Ball Court area) Please register by 11:30 a.m. $10 per team
- 12 Noon to completion – Corn Hole Tourney sponsored by
- Orleans Municipal Fire Burger Burn
- Orleans Kiwanis Club Famous Creek Bank Potatoes
- Orleans Phi Beta Persimmon Pudding
- Orleans Wesleyan Youth “Walking Tacos”
- 1 p.m. – Registration begins for Car Show (runs from 3 p.m. until to 8 p.m.) Entry Fee: $20. Trophies for these categories Best Chevy, Ford, Mopar, Non-Big 3, Motorcycle, Jeep, Truck, Unfinished, Street Rod, Rat Rod, 1980 1999, 2000 or newer & Biggest Car Club Presence. Car Show Inquiries please contact Mike Harkness 812 653 1648
- Free Concert in the Park- “Old ‘N Gold” at Bicentennial Stage (SW Corner of Square) Old ’n Gold is a Classic Rock cover band that began playing around Lawrence County in 2016. The band’s music consists of Pop and Rock top 40 hits from the ‘60’s, ‘70’s, and ’80’s – from early Beatles and The Beach Boys, to Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Eagles, to Journey and Foreigner (and most everything in between). Most recently, Old ‘n Gold entertained at the Harrodsburg Heritage Days Festival, the Judah Heritage Festival, and the Paoli Fall Festival. On lead vocals is Scott Burton, Dan Benbow Lead guitar, vocals, David Cook Guitar, vocals ,Ray (Boomer) Christy Bass guitar, vocals, Dennis Grogan Drums, vocals. All of Old ‘n Gold’s members are veterans of the Lawrence County music scene. Most notably: Dan, Ray, and Dennis were members of the Lawrence County oldies group Forever Gold.