BEDFORD – The Bedford Planning Department had a busy month with several construction projects both in the commercial and residential categories taking place throughout the city. A total of 94 permits were issued in the month of August.
There was more than $1.3 million in commercial construction with inspection projects underway in the month of August. There was also more than $3.1million in new residential construction with inspections with several new homes constructed on Fellowship Drive on the city’s eastside.
Other categories included new building projects of $56,381.83, residential projects with no inspections that totaled $220,510, and $735,650 in other residential projects with inspections.
Permits issued in the month of August:
- Certificate of Occupancy – 7
- Commericial Building with inspections – 10
- Commericial with no inspection – 2
- Demolitions – 3
- New public buildings – 2
- New residential Construction – 26
- Residential Contstruction no inspection – 14
- Residential with inspections – 19
- Signs – 11