Mitchell firefighters on scene of gas leak on Odea Court

MITCHELL – Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department firefighters are at the scene of a gas leak in the 100 block of Odea Court.

The leak was reported at 12:37 p.m. Thursday.

Residents and motorists are asked to avoid the area.

According to firefighters, a construction company working on a driveway was putting in forms when they struck a gas line. Officials say the workers did not contract the utility companies to find where the lines were before starting construction.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email