(MONROE CO) – Fire departments in Monroe County will be opening their doors to citizens in the Monroe County community for temporary relief from the bitter cold temperatures in the upcoming days.
- Warming stations are a heated facility where individuals, who do not have heat can come for a warmup and continue on their way.
- Food, showers, and areas of sleep are NOT available.
- Individuals needing assistance can also contact their local trustees’ office for other essential needs.
- We ask that you respect the rules of the station, wear a mask, and maintain six feet distance between you and other individuals in the station.
The dates for the warming stations are from February 8th – 23rd. The weather forecasts will be monitored to determine if the dates need to be extended.
WARMING CENTER LOCATIONS
- Bloomington Fire Station # 1 – 300 E. 4th Street, Bloomington
- Bloomington Fire Station # 2 – 209 Fairfield Drive, Bloomington
- Ellettsville Fire Department Headquarters – 5080 State Road 46, Ellettsville
- Monroe Fire Protection District ( Perry Township) – 3953 South Kennedy Drive, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District ( Clear Creek Township) – 9094 Strain Ridge Road, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District ( Indian Creek Township) -8019 Rockport Road, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District ( Bloomington Township) -5081 North Old State Road 37, Bloomington
- Monroe Fire Protection District ( Van Buren Township) – 2180 South Kirby Road, Bloomington