(INDIANAPOLIS) – Effective Monday, December 7, 2020, the Indiana Department of Revenue’s (DOR) Motor Carrier Services (MCS) office is closing to unscheduled walk-in services and is requiring a pre-scheduled appointment for in-person service.
The majority of transactions can be efficiently completed without visiting the MCS office. Before making an appointment for an in-person visit, customers are encouraged to explore the range of online options offered at dor.gov/motor-carrier-services or call the MCS customer service number provided below.
Customers can schedule an appointment online at Appts.dor.in.gov or by calling MCS customer service directly at 317-615-7200, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST.
When customers arrive for their scheduled appointment, they will need to call the customer service phone number posted at the MCS entrance to receive further instruction from a customer service representative.
In accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health’s (ISDH) guidelines, DOR continues to utilize the following safety precautions for all appointments:
- All in-person customer service stations at the MCS office will have glass or plastic partitions between the customer and employee.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to both employees and customers.
- DOR team members and customers are required to wear masks.
Before arriving for an in-person appointment, customers are required to perform a self-assessment by answering the following questions:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past week?
If any customer answers “yes” to any of these questions, he or she should cancel the appointment and contact their healthcare provider.