Two Injured in Seymour Apartment Fire

(SEYMOUR) – A woman and her son were injured in an apartment fire Friday evening in Seymour.

The Seymour Fire Department was alerted to the blaze at 5:41 p.m. to an apartment at O’Brien Manor at 475 South O’Brien Street.

When firefighters arrived at the apartment on the third floor it was filled with smoke. The fire was contained to the bedroom. Firefighters used around 75 gallons of water to extinguish the blaze. After the fire was out firefighters used fans to clear the smoke.

Firefighters believe the fire started from a candle burning in the bedroom. The estimated damages are around $33,000.

Courtney Entrekial, who lives in the apartment, and her son were taken to Schneck Medical Center in Seymour with burns to the arms.

Entrekial told firefighters she had lit a candle on a television stand and then left the room. She returned after the smoke detector began sounding and found the bed and headboard on fire.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share:
Tagged