(BEDFORD) – Between the Crowd and Fireside is bringing the art of storytelling to Lawrence County, through workshops, auditions and finally a presentation.
The theme is love, which does not have to be romantic, but real stories of love brought to life.
The workshop will be Tuesday, May 28, from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the Lawrence County Museum.
The workshop is an opportunity to find your story, develop it, and learn how to present your story.
RSVP required by going to the Facebook page -The Fireside.
Then, auditions begin on Tuesday, June 25 from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at Inklings Bookstore, 1020 16th Street in Bedford.
During the audition, a panel will select 7 to 14 storytellers to present at The Fireside.
You do not have to attend the workshop to audition.
Presentations will commence at the Fireside on Saturday, July 1 and Saturday, July 2 from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at Brinegar Hall Stonegate Arts and Education Center. Tickets will be sold at the door only. Tickets are $7 a person., children under the age of 6 are free. Seating will be first come first serve.
Between the Crowd is a youth ministry for teenagers and youth workers to safety lives out their stories. Nick Mullis is the director. Community support and donations support the ministry.
During the school year, the ministry provides the following activities for high school and middle school children in Lawrence County:
- The Crowd: meets every Monday from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at Stalker Elementary School.
- After the Bell meets at Oolitic Middle School on Mondays after school until 4:30 p.m. in the orchestra room
- After the Bell meets at Bedford Middle School, on Tuesdays after school until 4:30 p.m. in Mrs. Thompson’s room
- After the Bell meets at Shawswick Middle School until 4:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- Between The Crowd provides support for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) group at Mitchell Jr. High. They meet on Wednesdays during First Jacket
Any questions about Fireside visit the facebook page or email Nick Mullis at nickbetweenthecrowd.com
The Fireside is a fundraiser for the Lawrence County Youth Ministries, Between the Crowd.
Anyone needing more information about Between The Crowd visit www.betweenthecrowd.com.