(BLOOMINGTON) – The City of Bloomington’s Planning and Transportation Department will host another round of public meetings to discuss proposed changes to the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Tuesday, March 19 and Wednesday, March 20.
The UDO, or Title 20 of Bloomington’s Municipal Code, is the primary source of land use regulations for the City of Bloomington, including both zoning and subdivision control ordinances. While the UDO was originally adopted in 2007, a process to update it has been underway since February 2018 to bring the ordinance into better alignment with the City’s newly approved Comprehensive Plan. The UDO update is designed to support the quality of development in Bloomington.
The March 19-20 meetings mark the sixth visit to Bloomington by Clarion and Associates, the consulting firm leading the efforts to update Bloomington’s UDO. During this visit, as during previous ones, members of the public will have the opportunity to ask questions of and share concerns with the consultant team and City staff. Public input will serve to refine UDO recommendations and changes, which will ultimately result in a final draft document.
“This UDO update process has built an extensive public engagement period into the drafting of the new ordinance,” said Mayor John Hamilton, “because it’s essential to know how residents, neighborhood associations, builders, business owners, and many other stakeholders with a deep knowledge of and affection for this community envision our future.”
Residents are invited to attend any of the meetings scheduled throughout the day and evening. Meetings will focus on the particular stakeholders named in the schedule, but all meetings are open to the public. Residents may also engage in the UDO update process online at bloomington.in.gov/planning/udo/update where general information, project updates, meeting materials, meeting schedules, and comment forms are available.
March 19, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.: City Staff and Departments, Council Chambers, City Hall, 401 N. Morton Street, Bloomington, Indiana 47404
- 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Common Council/Plan Commission BZA, McCloskey Conference Room, City Hall, 401 N. Morton Street, Bloomington, Indiana 47404
- 12 p.m.- 1:30 p.m.: Open/ General Public, McCloskey Conference Room
- 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Community/Social Services/Environment/Sustainability/Transportation/ Neighborhoods/Historic Preservation, McCloskey Conference Room
- 5:30 p.m. – 7 pm.: Open/General Public, Monroe County Public Library, Room 1B, 303 E. Kirkwood Avenue, Bloomington, Indiana 47408
March 20, 2019
- 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Developers/Consultants and Economic Development/Business, McCloskey Conference Room
- 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: UDO Advisory Committee, McCloskey Conference Room
- 6:30 p.m.: Bloomington City Council, Council Chambers