BEDFORD – The Lawrence County Community Foundation Board of Directors awarded just under $9,000 to twenty-four Lawrence County teachers through the 2022 LCCF Classroom Grant Cycle.
The Classroom Grant program is designed to fund small, in-class projects that might not have a typical funding source.
The goal is to help teachers provide additional educational projects that are creative, and innovative, and stimulate student learning.
Grant recipients and project names follow:
- Francesca Baglivi, Star Stitchers Knitting, and Crochet Club
- Robin Bennett, Engagement, Sensory, Affirmations, Extra Needs, Attention, and Love. I Can Do This!!!
- Allison Brown, Super Start with S.T.E.A.M Bins
- Jamie Day, Multi-Sensory Letter Formation and Identification
- Beth Felts, Learning to Teach and Teaching to Learn Through Puppetry
- Danielle Fish, Resource ReDo
- Thea Frank, Project Booster for All-STAR Rocket Scientists
- Sarah Johnson, 5th Grade Store Project
- Kylee Jones, Life Skill Lessons
- Sharon Kittaka, Build it and They Will Learn
- Lucretia Kuehn, On Top with Vex Go Robotics!
- Joachim Ladwig, KB9BNL The All-STAR HAM Radio Club
- Melissa Lambrecht, Regulation Stations
- Cassie Leonard, Meaningful Media
- Rebecca Long, Making Math Fun
- Jeanette Martin, Greenhouse
- Kirsten Martin, Going Mobile
- Jamie Norman, Fostering Scientific Minds
- Amanda Ochs, Morning Bin Friends
- Whitney Reed, 3Doodler Stations
- Amy Spence, Counting our Spring Chickens
- Amy Voris, Theme Park Design
- Spencer Wardlow, Color Craze: Cooperation and Competition
- Hilary Whitaker, Creativity in Microeconomics
The Lawrence County Community Foundation, a public charity recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3), accepts and manages individual and business contributions made to permanent endowments, including the Great Grants Fund for K-12 education grants, LCCF Education Fund, and the Paris P. and Lottie (Collins) Porter Education Fund, which help fund the annual Classroom Grants. LCCF uses the income earned by these endowments to improve the quality of life in Lawrence County for this generation and generations to come. Enhancing educational opportunities is a natural fit for this goal.
If you would like to help support our teachers through the classroom grant program, please contact Hope Flores at 812-279-2215 or email@example.com to learn how you can contribute to the endowment for Classroom Grants.